Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK
(08-02-2023, 12:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That number actually feels fair for Higgins, if I'm being honest.

Higgins was 19th in receiving yards last year among WRs.
He was 15th among WRs the year before.

Unless there's a lengthy injury for Chase, I don't see Higgins ever getting (consistently) into the Top 10.
There just won't be enough targets to go around.

I think 20 million a year for Higgins is still too much and even then the problem is that tag number is for this season not next year in 2024 when Higgins would be tagged.  Next year the number is estimated to jump close to 23 million.  The Bengals cant pay Burrow 55 million per year, Higgins 23 million per year and then sign Chase to what 30 million per year?  That would be 108 million on just three guys.  The entire salary cap per team is 224.8 million.  We cant win paying 3 players nearly half the salary cap.  

For as much hype as Burrow, Higgins and Chase get it hasnt been them carrying the team in the playoffs, its been the defense.  Burrow with all his weapons struggled to put point on the board against both Baltimore and K.C.  If not for the defense scoring a TD against Baltimore, Burrow and all this talent around him loses that game because they couldnt get it done.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK - 007BengalsFan - 08-02-2023, 06:21 PM
RE: Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK - J24 - 08-03-2023, 02:55 AM