Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-03-2023, 09:20 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s naive to think initially that Dax/Scott are as good as Bates/Bell. They don’t have the cohesiveness or familiarity. Dax Hill is more athletic. But you have to look at the big picture. They couldn’t afford those guys. I do think we are getting better at corner. So it cushions that some. All these coaches talk about every team is a new team every year. But trying to perpetrate because of the safety spot the defense won’t be as good is a fail. It doesn’t take in consideration where we are better. We are faster and better at corner, better on the edge, and depth considerably better everywhere on defense. Everybody thinks KC’s _____ don’t stink. They are vulnerable at LT. Donovan Smith had 12 penalties and sacks last year. He had a great year the previous year. May work out but that’s not a spot you screw with. Everybody’s roster isn’t without warts. It’s how many warts and how big they are.

I don't think they are better at stsrting Safety, but I think the Bengals depth is better there than last year.

I also see Safety as probably the least important position on an NFL defense. So, if the Bengals are going to start the season worse off at a position, starting S would be the poison pill I would choose.

S is furthest from the line of scrimmage and more of an assisting/helping position. Safeties aren't typically left on an island. They come up and assist the guys on the island.

But the Bengals still have good players there after losing what they lost, which is exciting.

I agree on KC not being as good. As Burrow said... They get to decide that on the field.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - PDub80 - 08-03-2023, 04:01 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM