Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-03-2023, 04:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't think they are better at stsrting Safety, but I think the Bengals depth is better there than last year.

I also see Safety as probably the least important position on an NFL defense. So, if the Bengals are going to start the season worse off at a position, starting S would be the poison pill I would choose.

S is furthest from the line of scrimmage and more of an assisting/helping position. Safeties aren't typically left on an island. They come up and assist the guys on the island.

But the Bengals still have good players there after losing what they lost, which is exciting.

I agree on KC not being as good. As Burrow said... They get to decide that on the field.

Well said on both of your last 2 posts. If we are getting beat deep down the middle and it is the Safeties fault, like say how Bates got 
beat in the AFCC it could be a problem. But from what Lou has been saying, the communication has been good at Safety in TC so far
with Scott and Dax. As long as they aren't getting beat deep we should be all good. I like our tackling overall better at Safety this year
with Dax there instead of Bates. I like our speed with Nick Scott over Bell and like you said, the depth is better overall.

Tycen Anderson played well last preseason and Jordan Battle is smart and instinctual even as a rookie already.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-03-2023, 04:23 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM