Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK
(08-03-2023, 08:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If you listen to the comments from various people including the Bengals organization, Burrow is not taking a discount.  He is going to go after everything he can get so expect 53 million +.   Burrow saying he believes they can keep all three together is just talk.  He isnt the one that has to manage all the contracts and salary cap.   What would you expect Burrow to say?  I want to be the highest paid player in the NFL so if the team cant extend other players, thats not my fault?  

If Burrow goes after the max he can get, that will be a signal to everyone else on the team.  Why would Tee or anybody else take less if Joe is taking everything he can get?  Especially for these other guys not getting anywhere near the money Burrow will.  You think Tee will say, I might be able to make 20 million but I will take 18 million so Burrow can have his 53 million contract?  Not happening

Largely agree with your post, but Tee is looking more at $25m/yr which sounds like a ton but won't be top-5 when the 2023 season starts (CeeDee Lamb will get more and Justin Jefferson will likely become the highest paid WR in the league). Tee's agent, Mulugheta, is also the agent for Deshaun Watson, Jessie Bates, and Derwin James. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK - J24 - 08-03-2023, 02:55 AM
RE: Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK - TheLeonardLeap - 08-03-2023, 10:04 PM