Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-03-2023, 05:51 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t know how we will be at safety. I’m not ready to forfeit that by the playoffs aren’t as good. Doubtful but possible. But we are faster at corner and safety. That should account for something. But depth is better all over. In Paul Dehner’s Athletic article today he said Taylor was excited with the depth in the OL. We’ve got 3 corners, 3 safeties, more depth on the edge, more depth at receiver, and early returns are positive on Carter in the DL.

My take (which may or not be accurate) has always been I'll always give the benefit of the doubt to an early-round draft pick for their first 2-3 years.
Players don't typically come into their own until around 24-25 years old, and I won't want to crucify them if they aren't perfect right away.

Along with that, I also don't want to go invest another high-round draft pick or expensive veteran on a multi-year contract just because they didn't do great as a rookie. Because if they come along, you've essentially just wasted either a draft pick or $$.

It's part of why I don't want to give up on Carman just yet. But I do expect that by the end of this season, he'll be what he'll be for his career. Most players don't blossom 4+ years into their career.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - ochocincos - 08-04-2023, 01:35 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM