Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-03-2023, 05:51 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t know how we will be at safety. I’m not ready to forfeit that by the playoffs aren’t as good. Doubtful but possible. But we are faster at corner and safety. That should account for something. But depth is better all over. In Paul Dehner’s Athletic article today he said Taylor was excited with the depth in the OL. We’ve got 3 corners, 3 safeties, more depth on the edge, more depth at receiver, and early returns are positive on Carter in the DL.

It would not be hard at all to make a case that the Bengals have the best roster this year top to bottom when fully healthy.

Some hot takes regarding the defense and how deep they are...

- I think the Bengals 2nd string CBs (Jones, Davis, & Turner) would start for the bottom 3rd of the league (10 teams) pretty easily. - Fun fact: Ourlads depth chart the 2 rookie CBs are actually listed as the backups behind Chido & CTB. I listed IVy as one of my sleeper draft picks to have an impact. He has BIG TIME potential and is showing it in camp.

- I think the Bengals starting Safeties (Hill & Scott) AS IS would start for at least 50% of the league (or more).

- The Bengals backup D-Linemen (Murphy, Ossai, Sample, Carter, Tupou) would start for the back 3rd of the legue pretty easily.

Before anyone points to unproven rookies being looked at as starters - You have to remember that a lot of teams don't have rosters built like the Bengals and, as such: 1st, 2nd, 3rd round rounders beat out the incumbant starter quite often.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - PDub80 - 08-04-2023, 01:55 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM