Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-04-2023, 01:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My take (which may or not be accurate) has always been I'll always give the benefit of the doubt to an early-round draft pick for their first 2-3 years.
Players don't typically come into their own until around 24-25 years old, and I won't want to crucify them if they aren't perfect right away.

Along with that, I also don't want to go invest another high-round draft pick or expensive veteran on a multi-year contract just because they didn't do great as a rookie. Because if they come along, you've essentially just wasted either a draft pick or $$.

It's part of why I don't want to give up on Carman just yet. But I do expect that by the end of this season, he'll be what he'll be for his career. Most players don't blossom 4+ years into their career.

Exactly the way I look at it. You have to be realistic, not every rookie is going to be a JaMarr Chase. It usually takes them a couple years
years to really belong, even with the most talented young players. We will see after this season if Carman is the answer or not, he should
get a lot of snaps this year even if he starts the year as a depth piece. Jonah has trouble staying healthy, always has.

For example, I think Ossai this year also could become a great player for us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-04-2023, 05:09 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM