Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-04-2023, 01:55 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It would not be hard at all to make a case that the Bengals have the best roster this year top to bottom when fully healthy.

Some hot takes regarding the defense and how deep they are...

- I think the Bengals 2nd string CBs (Jones, Davis, & Turner) would start for the bottom 3rd of the league (10 teams) pretty easily. - Fun fact: Ourlads depth chart the 2 rookie CBs are actually listed as the backups behind Chido & CTB. I listed IVy as one of my sleeper draft picks to have an impact. He has BIG TIME potential and is showing it in camp.

- I think the Bengals starting Safeties (Hill & Scott) AS IS would start for at least 50% of the league (or more).

- The Bengals backup D-Linemen (Murphy, Ossai, Sample, Carter, Tupou) would start for the back 3rd of the legue pretty easily.

Before anyone points to unproven rookies being looked at as starters - You have to remember that a lot of teams don't have rosters built like the Bengals and, as such: 1st, 2nd, 3rd round rounders beat out the incumbant starter quite often.

The roster was such dog _____ when Zac took over. Just not their performance but the culture and character. And certainly not the whole roster. I remember discussing it with a still an assistant coach in the AFC who said it was just awful. The whole organization has done so well. It’s going to benefit us in that some teams may be interested in our reserves via trade because of injuries
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Soonerpeace - 08-04-2023, 09:17 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM