Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The 1/6 Indictment: Official vs Alter-Narratives
BREAKING NEWS  . . . NOT related to HB's Latpop!!

I guess part of the worry here is that Trump may release names of witnesses.

I'm still astonished that Trump can do things like this and still walk free.

Another "free speech" issue?

DOJ asks judge to issue protective order after Trump posts apparent threat of revenge
https://www.npr.org/2023/08/05/1192336975/doj-asks-judge-issue-protective-order-after-trump-post

Prosecutors asked U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan to issue a protective order in the case a day after Trump pleaded not guilty to charges of trying to overturn his 2020 election loss and block the peaceful transition of power. The order — which is different from a so-called "gag order" — would limit what information Trump and his legal team could share publicly about the case brought by special counsel Jack Smith.
Such protective orders are common in criminal cases, but prosecutors said it's "particularly important in this case" because Trump has posted on social media about "witnesses, judges, attorneys, and others associated with legal matters pending against him."
Prosecutors pointed specifically to a post on Trump's Truth Social platform from earlier Friday in which Trump wrote, in all capital letters, "If you go after me, I'm coming after you!"
Prosecutors said they are ready to hand over a "substantial" amount of evidence — "much of which includes sensitive and confidential information" — to Trump's legal team.
They told the judge that if Trump were to begin posting about grand jury transcripts or other evidence provided by the Justice Department, it could have a "harmful chilling effect on witnesses or adversely affect the fair administration of justice in this case."

.................................................................................................................................................................................................

In his rally last night Trump again likened the U.S. to a 3rd world country--NOT because he attempted a coup,
but because he is being held accountable for it, framed now as "Election interference."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 1/6 Indictment: Official vs Alter-Narratives - Dill - 08-05-2023, 11:25 AM