Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-05-2023, 03:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are you even talking about?  Both of our LBs are signed to very team friendly deals.  Sure, each of them likely could have made significantly more on the open market, but they like it here, they developed into the players that they are with this team.  The intentions of the team to retain both of them allowed for the flexibility in going younger and cheaper at Safety.

Signing those two for essentially bargain contracts didn't "cost" the team anything, in terms of being able to solidify the offensive contract extensions.  As I mentioned earlier in another thread, I'm just hoping that DJ Reader isn't the odd man out in the capenomics equation.  Even if he is, I'm sure that the team already has a plan or a direction that they intend to go when that time comes up.

And the Bengals don’t need to spend draft picks on replacement players or sign more costly outside free agents.

I think it is hard to argue for a more ideal outcome than what we got.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-05-2023, 05:26 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM