Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-06-2023, 11:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't he make a statement to the effect emphasizing that he viewed himself as a 3 down LB?

Yeah... things like how he needs to play 3rd down because there was too much money left on the table, or how he would have went off (statistically) last season if he played 3rd down.

He very very much sounded like someone who was interested in a big payday and viewed himself as a 3-down player. So when his FA window was so overwhelmingly quiet and then he came back here at top 2-down money, it sure felt a lot more like here was his best (or near-best) offer because nobody else was offering him the 3-down LB payday he was expecting.

Now if someone told me he got offered like $250k/yr more to play for a bad team and turned it down? I would buy that. From everything he was putting out and how little chatter there was about him in FA, though, I highly doubt anyone was offering him significantly more than he got and he turned it down to come back here.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - TheLeonardLeap - 08-06-2023, 12:00 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM