Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK
(08-06-2023, 10:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I love Tee, and was in the skeptical camp of "Can't Pay Them All", but I really think the way he complements Chase, and can make those red zone leaping grabs, that Tee should be extended.  

The Bengals were very smart to draft Jones (a steal in the 4th, IMHO) as that #3 WR could be VERY busy with teams likely doubling Chase AND Tee.  Boyd was set to have a huge game against KC before injured, so I think the Bengals had a plan to attack that.  FWIW, I think Irv Smith, Jjr. could be huge here as well.  He moves REALLY well.  

I also love the insurance that Tee is a true #1 WR and can carry the load if Chase were dinged up.  Lastly, Tee seems to play his best in the biggest moments.  All that adds up to a guy that we need to keep.  

“Never on this level,” Smith said, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com. “This is the best coaching staff I’ve been around. I put a lot of time and effort into getting better in the offseason and they’ve seen that and it’s a blessing.”

And offensive coordinator Brian Callahan spoke on this topic too, going as far as saying Smith indeed brings a different skill set than his predecessors.

“We try to call things guys like. That tends to make it work. That tends to make a good play,” Callahan said. “Irv is good in space. He’s different than the tight ends we’ve had before. He has real ability to separate and win after the catch.”
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK - Soonerpeace - 08-06-2023, 01:55 PM
RE: Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK - J24 - 08-03-2023, 02:55 AM