Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK
(08-06-2023, 10:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I also think while Reader is a great fit for this defensive scheme, he wouldnt work as well in other schemes.  He is not the best pass rusher which is what a lot of teams are looking for.  As you said he doesnt play as many downs as some of the other elite D-linemen plus he is getting older so I dont see a bunch of teams wanting to give him a huge contract.  Im sure there would certainly be interest from other teams but I dont see Reader getting a huge increase due to his style of play.  He is a run stuffer. Most teams want the elite pass rushers for elite money.

Spot on, DJ fits here in this scheme and isn't known for his pass rushing prowess. Elite pass rushers as you say get the elite money, not the 
run stoppers even if they are extremely valuable. What is awesome is Zach Carter is looking great, put on 20 pounds of muscle and is throwing
IOL around in Camp. We have been needing that interior pass rusher to go along with DJ and BJ Hill. Carter could be this guy for us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-07-2023, 01:12 PM
RE: Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK - J24 - 08-03-2023, 02:55 AM