Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(08-08-2023, 11:38 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I have started looking into it as well. I make good money, but groceries are costing 300 dollars per trip nowadays (and other daily/weekly bills have increased as well).

The question I have is, how does the government pass laws to resolve this issue? Many grocery stores are posting record profits, so it's not like groceries are only expensive because of the upstream cost increases. 

How do you curtail corporate greed and overpricing?

People think "oh inflation is back under control" but ignore the fact that we just experienced a full year of hyper inflation and we will never get those prices back down. The gap is now permanent. Ya there are some things that will come back down, but prices will never return to what we saw them at.

My facebook is littered with people selling their houses, downsizing, moving to cheaper areas, and so on.

I think corporate greed plays a role for sure....but our leadership was slow to react and made piss poor policy decisions that had a direct impact on the economy and the pricing of goods and services. Many companies seem to have exploited that.

(08-08-2023, 11:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: This goes with something on the radio this morning about consumer focusing on savings "too much" and not spending.  And it irks me that this particular person used the word "hoarding" for individual savings when there are literal billionaires in this country while most of us are one serious illness from bankruptcy while living check to check.

It's why tax cuts for the rich don't work to stimulate the economy and we need to trickle UP not down.

lol, that's absolutely absurd.  What a way to describe someone being financially responsible.  

I'm not sure why you threw in the "tax cuts for rich" thing...I've never seen any policy that was billed as "tax cuts for the rich".  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Economic policies are a plus - basballguy - 08-08-2023, 11:52 AM