Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-06-2023, 07:18 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: When did I say they couldn't extend any of the people they've already extended? I said that it'd be dumb to keep both Jamar Chase and Tee Higgins; and that extending both linebackers could come at DJ Reader's expense, but that's about it.

Statement from Lou last season: 

"So the fact that Dax (Hill) and Cam's (Taylor-Britt) coming back off the injury, the fact that they have time to not get beat in a game and lose some confidence. Because soon as you put those guys out there too fast and those guys get rattled, it's a problem, it's a problem. Nobody sees the three technique get out of his gap and give up a B-gap run. Nobody sees the linebackers shed the block the wrong way. Everybody in the stadium, eighty thousand, and fifteen million people (on TV) and everybody thinks they know that the corner gave up the play or the safety took the wrong angle. So, confidence for those guys is huge and when you have a tight-knit group like we have, there's absolutely no reason to screw up that chemistry."

Higgins (24) & Chase (23) in the prime of their careers >>> DJ Reader going onto his 3rd contract and 30 years old in the 2024 season.  This isn't even a debate as far as far as who you give contracts to. Both LBs are in their prime and, quite frankly, probably cost close to as much as 1 DJ reader extension. It makes sense to allocate the money that way.

The Bengals will keep BOTH Chase & Higgins. This has been a PERFECT offseason for the Bengals. Katie & Duke's Mona Lisa will be keeping this roster's young stars together and it will get done.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - PDub80 - 08-08-2023, 06:50 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM