Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How strong is the STOCK act, really?
(08-09-2023, 09:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: They don't, much like the POTUS doesn't stop being a citizen and the Supremes don't, either. The big issue we have been seeing for the past decade, though, or at least more people are seeing the truth of it, is that they behave like the laws don't apply to them. Power corrupts and all that, right?

So, what do we do about it? How do we hold these institutions accountable when they have essentially been left be foxes in their respective hen houses? I can tell you what the Constitution says, but the other branches are hesitant to do anything lest it shine the light on them and invoke retaliatory efforts and/or an electoral backlash (because despite how much of a problem this is the majority of the voters see attempts to actually hold people accountable that they agree with as political, see the Trump indictments).

So what do we do when the Constitutional methods are seemingly unavailable because we keep reelecting the same people that are problematic?

Exactly, and the key reason I felt compelled to post this thread.  As Samhain mentioned, these aren't "salacious sounding scandals", so these transgressions are quickly accepted and forgotten about by the news media, and thus out of the public consciousness.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How strong is the STOCK act, really? - SunsetBengal - 08-09-2023, 09:39 AM