Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(08-09-2023, 10:14 PM)Dill Wrote: Next post will be even odder.

This one right here, or the one after that?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote:Sure I'd be correct if I said "the Democratic Party," the "liberal party," as FDR called it, supported the war.

And I'm just as correct to say "liberals" supported the war. As I intended. 

So I am not "misspeaking."

Interesting, doubling down on actual liberals supporting the Vietnam war.  This is going to be entertaining.

Quote:As if I really meant to say what you believe but my fingers slipped on the keyboard. 

Your posts are often non-sensical, so the concept isn't that farfetched.

Quote:Are you are going to argue, somehow, that liberals didn't support the war? That will require more than showing some turned
against the war post '68, when everyone began turning against it. You might want to explain whom you are calling "liberals" as well.

I'll make it easy for you.  When I refer to liberals I'm talking about actual liberals.

Quote:I am referring to a party and its leaders who lead the charge on civil rights and used "big government" to declare war on poverty
and to create a brand new big government program called MEDICARE. You going to say those people were NOT liberals? Or that
they DIDN'T support and even expand the war? 

Oh, so you are just referring to the Democratic party, which not only started US involvement in the Vietnam war but consistently expanded it.  See, I was confused as you said earlier in this very post that you weren't only referring to the Democratic part, but liberals in general.  I guess those hundreds of thousands of anti-war protestors were conservative then.  My bad.

Quote:If you are not prepared to do that, then stop imputing imagined errors to me and then demanding I "man up" and own them. 

Heavens forbid.  As Napoleon stated, never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake.  Do carry on.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-09-2023, 10:27 PM