Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(08-09-2023, 10:26 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.mainememory.net/sitebuilder/site/2690/page/4310/display

Tons of similar stories. Protests did happen when veterans returned. They even happened when we returned from Iraq I seen that first hand. Why are we trying to rewrite history? 

Yeah I was just saying it might have depended on where you were and when you came back.  I think Dill cited some stuff to consider that it wasn't ALL soldiers being spot in and maybe not even most.  But those kinds of stories are awful and carry much more weight in the public consciousness.

That doesn't take away for anyone's own experiences.  It just says there is more than a black and white view of it.

Again I grew up in a small town.  They celebrate the life of the one citizen who died in Vietnam every year on Memorial Day.  I never heard of any soldier coming back and been maligned.  Doesn't mean it never happened but it has to have been a miniscule number of times.

Perhaps if I lived in New York or California my reference point would be different?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - GMDino - 08-10-2023, 12:00 AM