Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(08-10-2023, 12:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah I was just saying it might have depended on where you were and when you came back.  I think Dill cited some stuff to consider that it wasn't ALL soldiers being spot in and maybe not even most.  But those kinds of stories are awful and carry much more weight in the public consciousness.

Except that's not what he was arguing, at all.  He's claiming it never happened, at all.  Have the moral courage to call your little buddy out for this obvious fallacy.

Quote:That doesn't take away for anyone's own experiences.  It just says there is more than a black and white view of it.

No, Dill is arguing that it never happened.  I allow for it not being the common experience, he does not.  Who do you agree with?

Quote:Again I grew up in a small town.  They celebrate the life of the one citizen who died in Vietnam every year on Memorial Day.  I never heard of any soldier coming back and been maligned.  Doesn't mean it never happened but it has to have been a miniscule number of times.

What is a miniscule number of times?

Quote:Perhaps if I lived in New York or California my reference point would be different?

Would it change your definition of what "miniscule" means?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-10-2023, 12:12 AM