Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated - Lou article
(08-10-2023, 10:55 AM)sandwedge Wrote: "all", I remember getting into it with a few of you posters on here about that. The first year of the Zac era was bad, it was full of Marvin's players. Year 2, we were playing with pretty much anyone we could find off the street. The injuries on D were astounding. Sometimes you have to have a little patience. I still laugh at the people that were saying Zac and Lou were overwhelmed. "Zac was never a coordinator, Lou was a D2 coordinator", I still get a chuckle when it comes to the unemployed NFL Executives on this board...

Fair.
For myself personally, I didn't start watching football until Marvin was here, so I've always seen basically the same thing.
I think those that were frustrated with Taylor (like myself) didn't want to see a backslide from 6-10, which was Marvin's last record.
We wanted (and expected) someone new to come in and immediately have a better record.
It's hard to sell someone on, "Things are going to get worse before they get better," and, "It's going to take at least a couple years to bring in people that fit my culture."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sports Illustrated - Lou article - ochocincos - 08-10-2023, 11:40 AM