Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Schefter says Burrows contract will be way north of Herberts.
(08-10-2023, 01:57 PM)PDub80 Wrote: They will do Tee Higgins and then Burrow.

I am guessing... if I had to... that Burrow told them to get Tee & Logan done and then he will take what's left in a way that works and makes sense.

I also wonder if Tee not practicing against Packers means signing is close? They have sat guys out of camp practices while deals were on the cusp before. Makes sense because if the player gets hurt at practice is screws up everything they've all worked on. It's unfair to the player, for sure, to take that risk.

All this might be true, maybe the FO and coaches want to see some of Iosivas in the Preseason first as well. He is about the only 
player on this roster that could be a future Tee replacement if we cannot get a fair deal done for all parties involved.

(08-10-2023, 02:01 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Remember who Tee Higgins agent is.  Same one as Jessie Bates and Deshaun Watson.  I imagine he is trying to get a very large amount of guaranteed money for Tee and I won't be shocked if we go into the year with no deal in place for Tee.  I hope im wrong but that agent is a nightmare when it comes to building championship rosters.

Definitely have to think about this as well. We cannot afford to pay Tee 25 mil per year. 20-21 maybe...

But we still need to be able to extend Reader and Burrow this year and Chase on down the road.

(08-10-2023, 02:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That’s all true but it depends on their client. Bates & Watson obviously wanted show me the money. Not a given Tee is that way. But who knows

The Bengals being Tee's favorite team growing up and his friendships and the possibilities of Super Bowl wins could sway Tee into 
taking a bit less yah never know. The Stains way overpaid for Watson though and rewarded the guy while he was being a scumbag.

That is different. We were never going to pay Bates, that is why we drafted Dax Hill in the first place.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Schefter says Burrows contract will be way north of Herberts. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-10-2023, 05:00 PM