Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated - Lou article
(08-10-2023, 10:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is the talent greater than the coaching tho? The league seems to disagree. One of the defensive rally cries is the free agents were dumped by their previous teams and not deemed worthy of a second contract.

1 probowler.

A team even with our success many outside of Cinci couldn’t name a defensive player.

I'm not too sure the guys were cast offs. I know that's how the players might have felt but all teams have to make tough decisions. 

Is talent better than coaching? I don't know  but it is a little concern. Only 1 pro bowler and it was Trey. Tell me Reader shouldn't get the nod because he doesn't get the sacks but the dude shuts down the run. I also think while Bates and Bell maybe weren't pro bowl they made one heck of a tandem. I've said before we knocked it out of the park with the free agents on the defense the last few years. Maybe we'll keep that going with Nick Scott. I also think Mike Hilton was a huge pickup and might have had a bigger impact than we realize with bringing in a winning culture and pushing camaraderie in the secondary.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sports Illustrated - Lou article - NUGDUKWE - 08-10-2023, 11:43 PM