Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated - Lou article
(08-11-2023, 09:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think we may be confusing bad with inexperienced. Bad coaching can ruin great players like Burrow and Chase. We've seen these college stars fail many times due to bad coaching staffs. Not to defend Herbert.... Also not to over hype Lawrence...

Lou and Zac were inexperienced (and Zack was young). It understandably took them some time to get their feet under them. They also had to learn the FO which is challenging given most coaching hires are able to pick their GM or the GM is new and knows who they want to pick as their HC all in advance. 

Zac had to learn how to be a HC, OC, and Scout. One of the reasons their first draft was so bad is they came in late and none of the work was done on the 2019 draft class because the coaching staff wasn't set, and our 2 scouts at the time just couldn't do it all.

I'm not saying they haven't improved and certainly inexperience has led to they're struggles. But they were bad inexperienced or not. While they have improved the level of talent has gone up right along with that so it's hard to distinguish one from the other. Taylor has chosen to be the OC and that's whole other can of worms to get into one could argue we may be a better team if he relinquished his control. I will say one thing I really do admire about Zac is his off season approach and even during the season not putting unnecessary strain on players bodies. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sports Illustrated - Lou article - NUGDUKWE - 08-11-2023, 09:47 AM