Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Are You Looking For in Friday Preseason Game One
(08-11-2023, 08:17 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I didn't see that written by the Ravens players.  But if true it's kind of ironic in that the Ravens had a horrible passing team last year which has the least amount of impact on the safety positions we lost.  This year they do have a good receiving group, and of course TE, but they still have side-arm-slinging Lamar throwing the ball.  Not exactly his strong suit.  

We'll see.  Bates and Bell were a great tandem as they were so experienced.  IMO Bell was not that great in coverage but good against the run and a great teammate.  He made plays at times but it seemed he was always behind his guy.  I like the speed of our secondary.  May take them a bit to gel but I think the ceiling for them is much higher than Bates and Bell.
Oh, that was a big story back in March.   Ravens excited over Bengals losing so many DB's in free agency.  The NFL was talking about the DB's Bengals lost, and Raven jumped in saying it opens the door for ravens to take over the AFC North......but as I say, I think Ravens and much of National News Media are wrong.  Bengals have a very good D Coordinator and Bengals have been stocking up on young DB's in recent drafts.  The cupboard is not bare. Bengals front office and coaches are in good shape.  So I think the surprise for Ravens and NFL is that Bengals had a Super Bowl Defense and will continue to have a Super Bowl Defense.  Much like Mark Twain once said, " The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. "  

So I think Bengals Defense will be just fine and NFL and Ravens over reacted to the DB's Bengals lost in free agency.  However what I think or what Ravens think doesn't matter, and you never say the Bengals D looks good on paper.  The game ain't played on paper.  So I do want t see the new backfield of DB's in Action on the Field. 

Some Bengals who left wanted to be highest paid in NFL, such as Bates and Bell.  Bengals need the money to keep Burrow, Chase, Higgins and others long term. Bengals did resign key D Line and Linebackers.  Bengals drafted 4 DB's early the last 2 drafts, and you would think those top pick DB's will pan out.  I think the Bengals D Coordinator is ready to have another Super Bowl type Defense again this year.  Bengals D Coordinator is one of best Bengals ever had, so I trust in him and Bengals D. 

At the beginning of Summer it is roll out the barrels. Tonight near the end of Summer as Bengals play first preseason game, it is roll out the footballs. I'm Ready For Some Bengals.

GO BENGALS....WHO DEY

ADD ON : Besides the 4 DB's taken high in last 2 drafts, Bengals paid about 12 Mil to bring in Nick Scott from LA Rams. Not the larger amount Bates OR Bell went out and got, but a good chunk of money for a veteran Safety.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are You Looking For in Friday Preseason Game One - kevin - 08-11-2023, 09:57 AM