Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated - Lou article
(08-11-2023, 10:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Is it though? I recall Teryl Austin getting fired midseason and Marvin having to step in to keep the defense from setting the record as the worst in league history for total defense. I think a lot of fans forget that nugget. They sucked.

Yes I remember that. The talent level did improve but people want to act like it was Dunlap or other players that didn't want to conform. When I think it was more Reader>than aged out Geno Trey>Lawson and Hilton Awuzie Bell and Apple>WJIII Dennard and Illoka(can't remember if he was still on the team). But that is where the whole talent vs coaching debate comes in. Sure all teams need talent but is it that talent holding the Chiefs to 3 points in the 2nd half more than the coaching. I know they both play a part but which is greater. I just don't think we write off the players we lost and say it doesn't matter because we have Lou. Hopefully I'm wrong and we will still play at that level or possibly better but I'm skeptical.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sports Illustrated - Lou article - NUGDUKWE - 08-11-2023, 10:52 AM