Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated - Lou article
(08-11-2023, 10:52 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yes I remember that. The talent level did improve but people want to act like it was Dunlap or other players that didn't want to conform. When I think it was more Reader>than aged out Geno Trey>Lawson and Hilton Awuzie Bell and Apple>WJIII Dennard and Illoka(can't remember if he was still on the team). But that is where the whole talent vs coaching debate comes in. Sure all teams need talent but is it that talent holding the Chiefs to 3 points in the 2nd half more than the coaching. I know they both play a part but which is greater. I just don't think we write off the players we lost and say it doesn't matter because we have Lou. Hopefully I'm wrong and we will still play at that level or possibly better but I'm skeptical.

I don't entirely agree with a lot of what you're saying. This team has a lot of very good players. Some are elite, some are just doing their job well. I think where Zac and staff excel is getting these guys on the same page and putting them in position to win. Then it is up to your players to execute, that is where talent comes in. I think that is why you hear the players saying they like playing for Zac and Lou.
I don't care how many All Pros you have, if you are not all on the same script, just out there free lancing, you are undisciplined and probably not going to win to much. 
As for Dunlap, he had to go. Marvin had to ride his ass because he was a lazy MFer and when Merv left, ol'Carlos thought he had easy street... Zac sent a message to the team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sports Illustrated - Lou article - sandwedge - 08-11-2023, 11:20 AM