Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated - Lou article
(08-11-2023, 11:20 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't entirely agree with a lot of what you're saying. This team has a lot of very good players. Some are elite, some are just doing their job well. I think where Zac and staff excel is getting these guys on the same page and putting them in position to win. Then it is up to your players to execute, that is where talent comes in. I think that is why you hear the players saying they like playing for Zac and Lou.
I don't care how many All Pros you have, if you are not all on the same script, just out there free lancing, you are undisciplined and probably not going to win to much. 
As for Dunlap, he had to go. Marvin had to ride his ass because he was a lazy MFer and when Merv left, ol'Carlos thought he had easy street... Zac sent a message to the team.

I'm not saying the coaching is bad or there haven't been great halftime adjustments. But I think it takes a special group of players to communicate and execute said game plan and adjustment. As great as half time adjustments have been they need to be executed on the fly. I guess I'll just need to see this group show they can do the same and if they can't that the coaches adjust accordingly.

As for the Dunlap comments I just will never get on board with throwing a guy who played here a decade under the bus. I don't care how it ended. Did it help letting him go? Sure but we had Hubbard waiting in the wings and it was his time anyway that's no shot at Dunlap. I also think all of the other player changes that I pointed out where a bigger reason for the defenses success over Dunlap. I also never heard anything about Dunlap being lazy and not sure where that comes from.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sports Illustrated - Lou article - NUGDUKWE - 08-11-2023, 11:45 AM