Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations
I thought DJ Turner had quite the nice game. He really flashes athletically. The slide that he ran down in the first quarter was impressive, he closed the gap quickly. I also thought Browning played up-and-down. Most of his throws were routine plays but he had a really nice back shoulder to Iosivas and had a couple of nice plays where he evaded pressure and got rid of the ball with different arm angles. However, he threw the pick where he placed the ball high, almost threw another pick where he lackadaisically tossed the ball up on a screen gone wrong and put himself under pressure a few times. Dax did well, from what I can tell without All-22. They had him as center fielder and I think he showed good range getting to the sideline to bat that deep ball away. Chris Evans was nice breaking some arm tackles and breaking off chunk runs.

It's hard to comment on the defensive line. There was essentially no pressure. On the first watch, it seemed like the ends were in contain often but they ran some stunts and nothing came of them. Murphy was getting chipped often in the second half but man, he really had very little impact. I was hoping to see more from him. I didn't really pay any attention to the linebackers. Siemian, in my mind, was maybe a bit better than Browning, maybe on-par. He missed on a back shoulder early, but made up for it later with a beautifully placed deep ball that Iosivas was barely out on. He made a good decision to ground a broken screen, had no issue checking down when nothing else was there, he seemed more poised and didn't put himself under pressure as often. He did well evading some pressure late in the 4thb but man, that subsequent throw was so poor. Close to 10 yards underthrown and was a dropped interception.

Shout out to Tycen Anderson, awesome game from him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - KillerGoose - 08-12-2023, 11:41 AM