Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations
My observations from being at the game last night:

We are in terrible shape at Backup QB. Browning was slightly better of the 2 but neither looked like anything more than 3rd string. For an Offense so focused on the Pass I’m surprised that we don’t find a better back up
Of the rookies, Yoshi and Battle stood out the most. I saw some saying Yoshi looked slow but I didn’t see that. He was open a lot, ran good routes and showed good hands. If he keeps this up I think he’ll be first off the bench for Tee. Battle was very active. Had some good tackles and a nice pass break up.

On the flip side, I was hoping to see the rest of the rookies flash a bit more. While Turner had a good pass break up, he looked a little chaotic out there. His speed saved him several times. Poison Ivey got burned twice but he did lay a good hit. Murphy did nothing. He lost contain on the one QB scramble and he couldn’t get any pressure even in one on ones. All of this should be taken with a grain of salt since we were playing so vanilla but still I hoped to leave the game a little more excited about the rookies.

Tycen Anderson did a great job reading the QBs. Safety will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Leaning towards keeping 5 right now.

Jackson Carmen is a LT only! I don’t understand why the coaches keep running him out there at other positions. Either pencil him in as the back up LT or cut him. Also any one else unimpressed with Dante Smith? I feel like he’s regressed mightily the last 2 years.

Jay Tuefele was a one man wrecking crew. Glad to have that depth behind Reader.

Overall was a typical ZT preseason game where don’t look that great but I have trust in the process.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - WhoDeyK - 08-12-2023, 03:44 PM