Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First preseason game overreaction thread
(08-12-2023, 05:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You guys are not wrong on Murphy, but...... he had a terrible pass rush win rate last year at Clemson.  It may be better to accept the fact that he is a more athletic Sam Hubbard with potential to be better, this mindset is much less frustrating.

Not a bad idea to temper our expectations with MM as a pass rusher this year. What is nice is he is already a good run stopper and 
he is young so he can work on his pass rush. He still gets washed out of plays when rushing the passer and he needs to learn to go 
inside more and use his strength to manhandle OT's instead of trying to act like he is a speed rusher going too far outside.

Ossai is my pick this year to really open eyes as a pass rusher behind Hendrickson and it wouldn't surprise me if Hubbard upped his
game this year in this aspect. Sam always works his ass off to improve his game big time every Offseason. I think he does what he 
says and gets double digit Sacks this season.

(08-12-2023, 05:34 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Extremely doubtful.  He has a ways to go to surpass the level of trust Zac and Burrow have in TI.

Yeah, but Yoshi shown some good stuff against the Packers and even played well on ST's from what I saw.

He impressed me and I wasn't near as big on him as lots before this. Really like how he boxes out Corners and he nearly had a
TD on one play where his toe was barely out of bounds on the sideline in the endzone. Still, TI is still trusted as you say namely
by Burrow and Zac.

Charlie Jones didn't do all that much against the Packers last night. Expecting better play from Chuck Sizzle the next 2 PS games.

(08-12-2023, 06:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 5WR  Irv-Uno-Tee-Boyd-Yoshi  Match up with that boys. And the quick pass against mostly man? Good luck with that.

That should give Defenses fits that is for sure. Tee and Yoshi boxing out Corners with Ja'Marr, Boyd and Irv Smith underneath? Shocked
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First preseason game overreaction thread - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-12-2023, 06:46 PM