Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First preseason game overreaction thread
(08-12-2023, 10:01 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Our backup QBs suck. But we all knew that and the team lives and dies with Burrow. So having said that I think that is the bulk of us looking bad.
All you want is players to flash. Which I think most of the players we would've wanted to show something did. Iosavis made a couple plays, Dax made a nice play on the ball, Battle made some plays, Tycen who played really smart last year in the preseason with his leverage obviously really flashed. Chase brown showed some quickness. Jay tufele flashed which is a guy I think we will need. The oline appeared to have decent protection at times but for me that will really have to come down to someone who has access to the tape to breakdown. Carman looked inconsistent to me but again someone will need to watch his tape. Murphy didn't really standout to me but everything from his scouting report to news from camp that he needs to work on his pass rush but is a good run defender that was expected. So I'll be looking forward to breakdowns of him to see what positives and negatives he had. The punter flashed at times and also was seamless in the field goal operation.

So overall my overreaction is that I'm pleased with how the game went.

They didn't look that great for sure, but.....there was A LOT of defensive interference/holding that wasn't called against GB as well. A couple would have been third down conversions too. I think Browning looked better than Siemien.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First preseason game overreaction thread - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-12-2023, 08:25 PM