Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-08-2023, 08:57 PM)basballguy Wrote: It's hard to argue this without sounding like a hater so I'll say this.....in the moment, I thought ML was great for Bengals culture.  After several years of reflection (post ML), he was part of the problem.  He didn't change the culture, he was just a better coach than we were used to.  the Bengals were still seen as "that team" that nobody wanted to play for.  

I was a huge ZT hater early on but I sincerely think what ZT (and Bengals leadership) have done for the franchise is legit great for the culture.  ML was just a change of pace.  He should've been fired at the same time we dumped CP....which mostly echos your last statement.  

Agree with everything here

I do think I overlook the effect of Katie taking control of the team.  I don't pretend to know what went on between ML and MB.  I know they had a great relationship but I also remember how stubborn MB seemed to be.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but I don't trust ZT yet. I think all the glory has to go to Joe Burrow. What is ZT's record without Burrow? Horrible that is what it is.

I will give credit to the Defense as well. 

We found out last year we could win without Chase, but we can't win without Burrow.

ML was handcuffed by Mike Brown, I remember ML stated that Chris Henry was off the team and later had to recant because Mike Brown wanted him on the team.

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - BengalYankee - 08-13-2023, 01:04 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM