Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-13-2023, 01:04 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but I don't trust ZT yet. I think all the glory has to go to Joe Burrow. What is ZT's record without Burrow? Horrible that is what it is.

I will give credit to the Defense as well. 

We found out last year we could win without Chase, but we can't win without Burrow.

ML was handcuffed by Mike Brown, I remember ML stated that Chris Henry was off the team and later had to recant because Mike Brown wanted him on the team.

I'm 100% okay with not trusting Taylor yet. I do for the most part, but I get it. That said, using Taylor's record without Burrow is kinda silly. 

Taylor was most definitely part of a rebuild, and the roster was not only full of washed up players, it wasn't shaped to Taylor's vision. It was shaped to Marvin's.

I AM NOT SAYING TAYLOR IS BELICHICK. That said, when distributing credit, I think we can learn from Belichick without Brady.

Belichick is a great coach. The Pats without him right now would probably be competing for the #1 overall pick. With him, they're usually in the 8-8 range. With Brady, they're a SB contender.

I'd say our roster is better than New England's (Zac has something to do with that), but Zac is a worse X and O guy than Bill. It evens out. If we swapped Joe Burrow for Mac Jones, I still think this is an 8-8 team due to the roster quality and Taylor being a decent coach.

Joe is why this team is competing for Super Bowls, but to suggest that this team would be a 2-4 win team without Joe is giving too much credit to Joe and not enough to the roster and Zac.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Shake n Blake - 08-13-2023, 01:38 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM