Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-13-2023, 01:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm 100% okay with not trusting Taylor yet. I do for the most part, but I get it. That said, using Taylor's record without Burrow is kinda silly. 

Taylor was most definitely part of a rebuild, and the roster was not only full of washed up players, it wasn't shaped to Taylor's vision. It was shaped to Marvin's.

I AM NOT SAYING TAYLOR IS BELICHICK. That said, when distributing credit, I think we can learn from Belichick without Brady.

Belichick is a great coach. The Pats without him right now would probably be competing for the #1 overall pick. With him, they're usually in the 8-8 range. With Brady, they're a SB contender.

I'd say our roster is better than New England's (Zac has something to do with that), but Zac is a worse X and O guy than Bill. It evens out. If we swapped Joe Burrow for Mac Jones, I still think this is an 8-8 team due to the roster quality and Taylor being a decent coach.

Joe is why this team is competing for Super Bowls, but to suggest that this team would be a 2-4 win team without Joe is giving too much credit to Joe and not enough to the roster and Zac.

Hi Shake,

How are you, friend? I did not say without Burrow ZT would be 2-14 or any below .500 coach.

I did say I did not trust ZT yet and I still don't. I don't think the Bengals team the past two years even gets into the playoffs yet wins the games they did, if ZT does not have Burrow on the squad. 

Reasons why the Bengals got into the playoffs and more were not in any order.

1. Burrow
2. Defense
3. Kicking game via our FG kicker McPherson

Again not in any particular order, however if any of the 3 mentioned above is off we are in trouble. Come to think, I don't ever remember Burrow in a shootout with another team. Confused That means our defense came to play.

So I liked ML, but his last few years as another member had written he was tired and it was time for a new HC. I wonder how ML would have prevailed with
Burrow as his QB and Katie as his boss?  

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - BengalYankee - 08-13-2023, 05:13 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM