Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB?
Yup, they should!

On one hand I have long considered the backup qb to be the most overrated position in the game. If your big dog gets hurt for the year, you're toast anyway. Might as well close the shop and prep for the draft. This is even more true for a diehard like Burrow, who won't sit out unless he's crippled. Let's just say I don't expect the Lamar Jackson fiasco to play out in Cincy anytime soon. Wink

On the other, it might be a good idea to hedge for those very few injuries that would force him to sit out without necessarily being season-enders. And by "very few" I could mean just one: the collarbone. In the event that Joey snaps his clavicle in, say, early October, we'll need someone to keep the train on the tracks for the six weeks he needs to come back. For that reason we owe it to the team to find a safety net. I'm not thinking young bucks with something to prove. I'm looking more at vets who've done it before; in a perfect world, guys who could help Joe manage situations both on and off the field. Siemian and Browning are obviously not in that category. They offer the Bengals nothing other than a chaperone to take snaps in blowouts.

Long story short, maybe someone like Matty Ice. But that's just me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - tms - 08-13-2023, 07:47 PM
Cut Siemian - Rotobeast - 08-23-2023, 12:15 AM
RE: Cut Siemian - bfine32 - 08-23-2023, 12:37 AM
RE: Cut Siemian - Rotobeast - 08-23-2023, 12:46 AM
RE: Cut Siemian - coachmcneil71 - 08-23-2023, 01:34 AM
RE: Cut Siemian - pally - 08-23-2023, 01:53 AM
RE: Cut Siemian - Go Cards - 08-23-2023, 07:24 AM