Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-13-2023, 05:13 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Hi Shake,

How are you, friend? I did not say without Burrow ZT would be 2-14 or any below .500 coach.

I did say I did not trust ZT yet and I still don't. I don't think the Bengals team the past two years even gets into the playoffs yet wins the games they did, if ZT does not have Burrow on the squad. 

Reasons why the Bengals got into the playoffs and more were not in any order.

1. Burrow
2. Defense
3. Kicking game via our FG kicker McPherson

Again not in any particular order, however if any of the 3 mentioned above is off we are in trouble. Come to think, I don't ever remember Burrow in a shootout with another team. Confused That means our defense came to play.

So I liked ML, but his last few years as another member had written he was tired and it was time for a new HC. I wonder how ML would have prevailed with
Burrow as his QB and Katie as his boss?  

I think the WRs as a group have been more important than the kicking game. I agree that Burrow and the D have been huge factors in their success and Evan has been good in the clutch but how’d they get into FG range? Chase made some huge plays vs KC during the SB run. I don’t think you can put a solid kicking game over what he did in terms of importance and impact on the game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Clark W Griswold - 08-13-2023, 10:18 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM