Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First preseason game overreaction thread
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/jackson-carman-switches-positions-backup-tackle-battle-heating-up

Quote:Jackson Carman entered camp hoping to win the starting right tackle job, but that didn't work out and he lined up at left tackle during Sunday's session.

Will D'Ante Smith's stellar play continue as he makes a push, not only to make the roster, but to be the first offensive tackle off the bench?

Hakeem Adeniji is also in the mix. He's started 15 regular season games in three seasons with the Bengals.

Carman appeared to be the favorite for the swing tackle spot coming into camp, especially with the way he finished last season, but now it's more of a toss up. Adeniji has the most experience and Smith has arguably had the best camp of the trio.

I would say Carman has pushed himself down to 3rd string. I wonder who is getting the most run at RT between Adeniji and Smith because that will likely single out who they like the most for that 6th Offensive lineman spot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First preseason game overreaction thread - Synric - 08-14-2023, 09:50 AM