Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone done any pre season scouting work on potential nose tackles yet?
(08-08-2023, 08:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Honestly, if you're looking for a true NT, most of those guys don't get drafted very high.  A true NT usually gets downgraded in the draft process because teams generally view them as only run stuffers.

There have been some exceptions (Jordan Davis, Dexter Lawrence), but you could probably start your search by looking at the size of the guys and going from there.

Yep DJ Reader was a 5th rounder himself, and look how good he's been as a run-stuffing NT.
With that said, most NTs really aren't much of a pass rushing threat at all, and pass rush threats are what typically go early.
The highest-drafted NT I can think of in recent memory is Vita Vea, who went 12th overall in 2018.
He's about as well-rounded of a NT as you can hope for - massive wall in the run game and gets a good amount of pass rush from the NT position.

I would say though that we want to look for run stuffing ability first for NT and pass rush is a luxury.
If there's a NT who can offer both, I'm willing to go after that guy within the first few rounds.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone done any pre season scouting work on potential nose tackles yet? - ochocincos - 08-14-2023, 11:34 AM