Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-14-2023, 12:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think this is probably correct. But, because Marvin was hindered by Mike Brown the owner/GM who wanted to convert a DE to TE like when Utetcht went down instead of signing an actual NFL ready TE. Or sign an aging James Harrison to play 4-3 SAM to stop the run and cover TEs instead of rushing the passer. Probably no end to the behind the scenes facepalm moments. Free agency is just one example. Everything else Mike Brown resisted which has changed since Marvin left is because Mike Brown isn’t in control any more.  As a result, Duke Tobin’s drafts and free agency classes look a whole lot better. Apparently, the football gene must be recessive because it skipped a generation.

Or played Geathers at backer because of injuries at backer and refused to just sign a competent backer!

I think that's how it went but it was so long ago (2006 I think?) that I'm not sure.

I also think he was coming off a 10.5 sack season!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - BFritz21 - 08-14-2023, 12:12 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM