Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB?
(08-13-2023, 03:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think we're going to make any moves, so we may as well file this under "In Zac we trust" and/or "It's only preseason, did know the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason?"

The 16-0 Patriots went 0-4 in preseason the year before that.

(08-13-2023, 04:22 PM)maclanta Wrote: If the backup QB is playing in the regular season with other backups, it will be because we are blowing a team out.

The backups would probably look better with our starting rotation.

Were they good on Friday? No… but I don’t think they ran their regular season offense.

It’s the preseason. Zach doesn’t play to win these games, which I thinks blows people’s minds.  But I guess congratulations are due to the Ravens that have now won 24 preseason games in a row.

Everyone here knows how preseason works. That said, looking scared and throwing atrocious INT's isn't usually remedied by playing with better players, and playing with the vanilla preseason offense (against vanilla preseason defense with no blitzing) should be making these guys more comfortable, if anything.

(08-13-2023, 07:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Good backups cost money. They got Semien for around $1 million. Brandon Allen was always cheap too.

True, but we may be able to find someone at a bargain at this time of year, especially after cuts.

(08-14-2023, 11:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Flacco was called Joe Cool as well so they might get along

Flacco may be worth a look. The problem is that he signed with the Jets last year for $3.5 million. We need someone cheaper than that. That said, if he has no demand, maybe he'll lower his price.

(08-14-2023, 12:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Siemian surprised me, (in a bad way). I didn't think he was gonna be all John Elway but, he didn't look very sharp at all. Hopefully he looks much better next game. Frankly I figured it wouldn't even be a question between him and Browing? Now I'm not so sure?

Browning, like has been said, just looks uncomfortable, unsure, even scared to me. I know the Oline was playing poorly, to be fair.

Lets see how they look next week? But I wouldn't be opposed to some shopping at this point.

Spot on. I also thought Siemien would easily be the guy, and I was very surprised to see him starting the 2nd half. I haven't been following the team as closely in recent years, so I don't know if they said anything about why that is. Usually if the established veteran doesn't start the 1st half, that's a bad sign. In the past, anyways.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - Shake n Blake - 08-14-2023, 12:43 PM
Cut Siemian - Rotobeast - 08-23-2023, 12:15 AM
RE: Cut Siemian - bfine32 - 08-23-2023, 12:37 AM
RE: Cut Siemian - Rotobeast - 08-23-2023, 12:46 AM
RE: Cut Siemian - coachmcneil71 - 08-23-2023, 01:34 AM
RE: Cut Siemian - pally - 08-23-2023, 01:53 AM
RE: Cut Siemian - Go Cards - 08-23-2023, 07:24 AM