Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First preseason game overreaction thread
(08-14-2023, 09:13 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:
Here's a rational reaction.  Our OL depth is bad and Jackson Carman deserves to be cut if he plays this bad again next preseason game.

Carman needs moved back to the left side where he showed some ability.  If he continues to struggle once back on the left side you maybe look to put him on the practice squad.  Ford and Schaping on the other hand need to be cut.  

I dont even know why we signed Ford, he was worse than Adeniji statistically when we signed him.  Ford would be the very first lineman I would cut.

Scharping was horrible in place of Cappa last year.  Not a suitable backup in my opinion

As much as fans dislike Adeniji, he did OK last year when facing mediocre talent at RT.  He may be ok as depth.  Maybe he can improve but I wouldnt count on him going up against better defenses.

Kirkland, I was hoping would show something but he was terrible.  It was just his first NFL preseason game so maybe he can improve on the practice squad.

Trey Hill is in his 3rd season now.  Has he shown any kind of progress since he was drafted?

Smith and Brown have looked really good at times.  They both could be quality depth if they can stay healthy but can they

Nate Gilliam I dont know enough about but its nice to see he graded out pretty good on his PFF pass protection.  I think for that, he deserves a longer look.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First preseason game overreaction thread - 007BengalsFan - 08-14-2023, 01:17 PM