Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-13-2023, 05:13 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Hi Shake,

How are you, friend? I did not say without Burrow ZT would be 2-14 or any below .500 coach.

I did say I did not trust ZT yet and I still don't. I don't think the Bengals team the past two years even gets into the playoffs yet wins the games they did, if ZT does not have Burrow on the squad. 

Reasons why the Bengals got into the playoffs and more were not in any order.

1. Burrow
2. Defense
3. Kicking game via our FG kicker McPherson

Again not in any particular order, however if any of the 3 mentioned above is off we are in trouble. Come to think, I don't ever remember Burrow in a shootout with another team. Confused That means our defense came to play.

So I liked ML, but his last few years as another member had written he was tired and it was time for a new HC. I wonder how ML would have prevailed with
Burrow as his QB and Katie as his boss?  

Doing good! Hopefully you are as well. Joe

You didn't specifically say the Bengals would be a 4 win team, but I was inferring that based on you saying "I think all the glory has to go to Joe Burrow. What is ZT's record without Burrow? Horrible that is what it is."

Taylor's record without Burrow is obviously way worse than just 4-12. LOL

The roster has wildly improved since Taylor didn't have Burrow, so I'd say it's tough to use that as evidence.

It's also tough to compare Marvin and Zac, as they may have used a very similar roster (end of Marvin's tenure and beginning of Zac's), but Zac was using Marvin's players. Players that were better for Marv's vision.

I think if we traded Burrow for an average starter (say Jared Goff or Derek Carr), I think this team is around 8-8 and at least competing for a playoff spot. Those guys would have their play elevated with the best WR corp in the NFL and a top notch defense. I think we sell this roster short. 

Look at it this way. Do you think our roster is better than the 2021 Raiders or 2022 Lions? Well, those were winning teams with those average QB's.

(08-14-2023, 06:16 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: How was Zac's record with Andy Dalton compared to Marvin Lewis's? 

You know this is not fair. Andy Dalton had a way better roster for most of his career with Marvin, and Dalton lost a pinch after a few years of getting pummeled behind bad lines. Not everyone handles sacks like Burrow.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Shake n Blake - 08-14-2023, 01:41 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM