Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Logistics Companies Ever Be Replaced By Computers?
(08-15-2023, 12:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wonder how far we are from that.

I was thinking about that in college when I was taking accounting and wondered how long before people will be able to just put in how much they make with expenses and a list of write-offs and whatever.

I know there's software like that now but you still need to buy it and know where to put everything.

What jobs will be left? Lawyers? Doctors? Teachers (maybe)?

Like I said, typing that, I did realize that there's a lot more factors but an easy way to make a lot of money if you know what you'r doing.

I've worked in FinTech for many years.  The reason finance isn't fully automated is because it's not done the same by every company.  There are standards that must be met to be compliant, pass audits, etc.  But each company's exec team, board, PE firm all want different analytics.  The breakdown is much more micro than money in and money out.  There are also the processes surrounding those transactions that vary because there's no standard across the board on how expense reports are captured, for example.  Just too many variables.  Unless something can be standardized, it's really hard to fully automate. 

I'm guessing it's the same with logistics (a field I admittedly know little about).  Too many variables make it hard to manage entirely with computers.  Especially the personnel management aspect, as people can be unpredictable. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Logistics Companies Ever Be Replaced By Computers? - MileHighGrowler - 08-15-2023, 11:16 AM