Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
It is going to be incredibly difficult to remove a coaches success from the quality of their QB. It is arguably the most important position in all of sports. You look at a guy like Belichick and see that he has barely managed a .500 record since Brady left. Why? Because of poor QB play. It's still impressive that he has done what he has done, but part of that is because we all have faith in Belichick. If you keep the situation the exact same and put a new coach in that position, everyone is going to blame the coach even though it may not necessarily be his fault - it is still the deficiency of QB play.

I think Marv was a fine coach. For most of his career here, he had good rosters (especially the early 2010 run) but mediocre QB play. The two years where he didn't have mediocre QB play, his QBs were knocked out for the season. Pretty rough luck in that regard, but he simply ran his course here. Currently, I think the Bengals have a good coaching staff but having an elite QB can really elevate the appearance of said coaching staff.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - KillerGoose - 08-15-2023, 11:20 AM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM