Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
(08-14-2023, 10:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will say upfront, I pray we are not.
Why do I ask? There are 80+ million people and growing that feel former POTUS Trump is getting a raw deal.
1. The F.B.I. approval rating is way under water, and appears to be getting worse by the day. It is the leadership, not the rank and file.
2. The D.O.J. approval rating in under water and showing major signs of weaponizing against conservatives, again leadership.
3. The country is in the tank with debt.
4. Citizens have more debt now that at any time in our history.
5. The average household is paying $707 more a month for essentials than they were in 2021 when Biden took office.
6. Democrats are hemorrhaging black, Latino and Hispanic voters to Republicans.

Here is a liberal poll saying the Trump indictments are political interference.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/17/harvard-poll-most-voters-say-trump-indictment-election-interference-believe-hell-be-acquitted/

I know a lot of conservatives. I do not or never have owned a gun. I know many they not only have a lot of fire power and ammo, they also have built bunkers. They literally are preparing for a civil war.

Our country is more divided than ever. Biden promised to unite the country, but instead weaponized the justice department to go after his chief political opponent. All the while, using the justice department to get away with money laundering and bribery.

Again, I hope I am wrong and things stay civil, I just don't believe it is possible if Trump is sentenced to 1 day in jail.

We may be on the verge of several violent protests, but they'll be put down just like Jan 6 was.

I don't believe we're anywhere near a civil war. The biggest reason being there's no way it would work. There was a time when state militaries were using equipment approximately equivalent to what your typical citizen had access to. So a rebellion could theoretically succeed if you had the numbers and the willpower to fight against the state military.

That time has long since passed.

If there was ever an uprising of citizens in an attempt to overthrow the government, they would be taken down by unmanned vehicles and targeted attacks where no military personnel would even need to be present. 

With all that said, I think the number of people who are outraged is being blown out of proportion. I don't think 80 million people think Trump is getting a raw deal. And I certainly don't think a significant portion of those people that voted for him would be willing to put their lives on the line for him. 

I just think we have a lot of media companies (and individuals on Twitter/X and social media) that realize the best way to drive engagement is to speak in grand, apocalyptic terms and exaggerating how many people are actually outraged by this or that.

Weaponizing outrage for profit.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we on the verge of a civil war? - CJD - 08-15-2023, 12:05 PM