Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
(08-15-2023, 12:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Respectfully, my eyes almost roll out of my head when I read these arguments.  They make numerous, and erroneous, assumptions about the way things like this actually work.  First, and most egregiously, it presupposes that the entirety of the military stays on one side.  In the event of an actual civil war that would not happen.  In fact, and forgive me for no longer having the link to this, the Pentagon has analyzed that if such an event were to occur with a Democrat as POTUS that the majority of the US military would side with the "rebels".  See the military is made up of the exact same citizens who would be uprising in such a scenario.  

I'm sure a lot of military folks would like to turn on their employer and oath to install Trump, but thinking about it and doing it are two different things.  Trump doesn't even pay his lawyers, so being sure that people with families to support would willingly renounce their allegiance to the USA in hopes that team Trump will win and then they'll be compensated for switching sides, so to speak, isn't a certainty, either.

I mean, if it's just a left vs right war then yea, a lot of men in the army would be mowing down unarmed women.  I'm sure Jesus will be on his way soon after we do this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we on the verge of a civil war? - Nately120 - 08-15-2023, 12:37 PM