Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Logistics Companies Ever Be Replaced By Computers?
(08-15-2023, 11:16 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I've worked in FinTech for many years.  The reason finance isn't fully automated is because it's not done the same by every company.  There are standards that must be met to be compliant, pass audits, etc.  But each company's exec team, board, PE firm all want different analytics.  The breakdown is much more micro than money in and money out.  There are also the processes surrounding those transactions that vary because there's no standard across the board on how expense reports are captured, for example.  Just too many variables.  Unless something can be standardized, it's really hard to fully automate. 

I'm guessing it's the same with logistics (a field I admittedly know little about).  Too many variables make it hard to manage entirely with computers.  Especially the personnel management aspect, as people can be unpredictable. 

Yeah, I guess that makes sense because, for example, if you need a tool or product in a certain amount of time, you don't want to risk leaving it up to a computer because, like you said, too many variables.

Not to mention that problems could arise that a computer wouldn't be the best at solving, like a blown engine and needing another trucker to pick it up, or finding reliable drivers and the best drivers for important loads.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Logistics Companies Ever Be Replaced By Computers? - BFritz21 - 08-15-2023, 02:27 PM