Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
(08-14-2023, 10:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will say upfront, I pray we are not.
Why do I ask? There are 80+ million people and growing that feel former POTUS Trump is getting a raw deal.
1. The F.B.I. approval rating is way under water, and appears to be getting worse by the day. It is the leadership, not the rank and file.
2. The D.O.J. approval rating in under water and showing major signs of weaponizing against conservatives, again leadership.
3. The country is in the tank with debt.
4. Citizens have more debt now that at any time in our history.
5. The average household is paying $707 more a month for essentials than they were in 2021 when Biden took office.
6. Democrats are hemorrhaging black, Latino and Hispanic voters to Republicans.

Here is a liberal poll saying the Trump indictments are political interference.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/17/harvard-poll-most-voters-say-trump-indictment-election-interference-believe-hell-be-acquitted/

As the Trump trials go forward and people become more informed about charges and evidence, DOJ/Biden approval, will start polling upwards. 
Few independents will continue wondering how a VP could with hold a billion dollars from Ukraine, once they learn he cannot on his own say so.

I doubt more than 75% of Republicans ever believed the Big Lie. There aren't 80 million and counting who think Trump didn't bring it all on himself 
by refusing to return documents and trying to over turn an election. 

This poll question from your "liberal" poll, as presented in the Brietbart article, is rather curious.

The polling outfit asked, “Do you think indicting a former president for taking classified documents after leaving office, something done by Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and other senior officials, is a fair application justice or selective prosecution?”

More than half of the participants, 53 percent, say that it is a “selective prosecution,” while a minority of 47 percent think the law is being applied evenly.  

But Trump was not indicted for simply taking classified documents. The question should read:

"Do you think indicting a former president for taking classified documents after leaving office, ignoring a subpoena to return them, and lying to the FBI about whether he has retained and moved them, and implicating employees in the destruction of surveillance tapes--all things Hilary Clinton, Joe Biden and other senior officials did not do--is a fair application of justice or selective prosecution? " 

The numbers of independents and Dems who respond "fair application" would certainly be higher, though Republican numbers might stay the same.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we on the verge of a civil war? - Dill - 08-15-2023, 04:24 PM