Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-15-2023, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I dunno if I'd say "big" negative.

Looking at their HC careers, Marvin's career win percentage was .518, Coughlin's was .531.
The only real difference is the Super Bowl wins, one of which he inherited a lot of quality players like Strahan, Shockey, Umenyiora.
Coughlin actually had a lot of double-digit loss seasons.
Coughlin got his franchise QB in Eli just like Marvin got his in Palmer.
I think you could speculate would Marvin's tenure have been better had Palmer not had his string of injuries in the mid-late 2000's and ultimately force a trade out of CIN, forcing Marvin to have to find a new franchise QB? And I believe it was ownership that Palmer stated why he wanted out, not because of Marvin.

I'm not trying to take away what Coughlin accomplished, just trying to say Marvin wasn't as bad as some people make/made him out to be.
Also, I don't think Coughlin would have been able to have as much freedom in decision-making, thus likely not having as much of an impact in CIN like he did in NYG. Unless there's the assumption Mike Brown would have given Coughlin more than he did Marvin because Coughlin was who Mike wanted.

Coughlin made the jags into one of the best teams in the entire league when he was there, including an afc championship appearance. And then you all know what he did with NYG

Lewis isnt bad per se, but Coughlin is leaps and bounds better than Lewis. Yes, leaps and bounds. Playoffs matter

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Frank Booth - 08-15-2023, 06:54 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM