Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-15-2023, 09:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you dont have to defend her this hard lol

if the owner Mike Brown wanted Coughlin, but his daughter was dead set on Marvin, and she convinced Mike to hire Marvin instead of Coughlin, that's big time bad misjudgment on her part. Imagine Coughlin coaching those Palmer/Ochocinco teams instead of Marvin. I already know there would have been big playoff runs.

Coughlin was a hot commodity too btw. Jags were one of the best teams in the league under Coughlin. The Jags. 

.....but that wasn't the case. Marvin may have been her choice (that's not set in stone either), but he was the choice because Coughlin turned down the offer.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1486759.html

"One potential sticking point is that, unlike his Jacksonville job description, Coughlin would not have total control of the Bengals' football operation. Coughlin essentially functioned as his own general manager while with the Jaguars, but the Bengals do not have a GM and Brown has said he will not vest total power in one man.

It is believed, however, the Bengals are prepared to provide their new head coach more power than any of his predecessors.

Asked if the lack of a general manager's title might affect how he views the Cincinnati opening, Coughlin said: "I'd have to think about that for a while.""
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-15-2023, 10:11 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM